Thank God it’s Friday!
Alas, the week ends and we all drive back home making plans for the following 2 days (a.k.a the WEEKEND). While planning our fast-paced, highly social life ~ meeting friends, going out or simply sitting at home, leaving all our week’s tension behind we often forget ~ Time. Time for ourselves or rather a Time-Out for our body, mind, heart and soul!
We do manage to do a lot for the body and mind, we miss out relaxation of our soul. And there is no better way to spend the weekend with a relaxed massage that will free you from all your pains, tensions & stress and gear you for the next challenges of the week!
Here’s a look at how a simple foot reflexology will help you relax!
- Foot Reflexology induces a state of deep relaxation by opening neural pathways
- A reflexology session stimulates more than 7,000 nerves, encouraging the opening and cleansing of neural pathways,
- Increases circulation, improving blood flow throughout the body
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Stimulates the central nervous system
- Stimulates energy work throughout the body
- Balances the whole system thus revitalizing the body’s natural energy flow
We all lead lives plagued by different forms of stress. Most of the times the stress gets manifested in diffrent forms of anxiery, pain, etc. We need to read these signs and listen our body.
To begin with, lets understand What is stress?
In simple terms, stress is a result of our reaction to an emergency situation and when our body releases cortisol (and other hormones, such as adrenaline) into our bloodstream. These hormones make our heart beat faster and prepare our body to respond to danger. At times, a little stress is good: it makes us accomplish what we want, meet targets, and work the occasional miracle. A life with no stress at all would be a tad bit boring. But at the same time, too much stress, and for too long, causes damage to our health.
In times like this, soothing massages and a spa de-stress is of great use. A massage is a magical stress-buster. The market is replete with options and a variety of massages to chose, from deep-tissue to Swedish to Thai massage. But the key question with is: How do you choose the best massage for you?
What you can do is: Speak to the therapist!
Visit the spa of your choice and speak about your stress points with the therapist. A trained therapist will be able to understand your needs and can suggest the best solution thereafter. Also, massage is a very personal treatment; it has to be your choice. A good option could be a straightforward full-body massage; you can decide how much pressure your tense muscles can bear.
Some points to remember:
1. What areas are your concern points?
2. How much pressure are you comfortable with? (This will help determine if you need a deep tissue massage or a gentler long stroke maasage)
3. How often do you exercise or visit spas? (It lets your therapist determine yourr current physical activity and help you chose the best alternative)
Invest a little bit more time on yourself and start living a stress free life!