Heaven on Earth is a feeling, is an experience, is an emotion… Most if not all of us, experience the feeling of #HeavenOnEarth; it might cause of anything:
- First job
- First salary
- Family holiday
- Favourite song
- Favourite spot in the whole wide world
- Fitting into your college jeans after 20 years
- Reaching the top of a peak to see the best view ever
- Listening to your favourite band
- Dancing in the rain
- Playing in a waterfall
- Spending time with your loved ones
- The first time your child holds your hand
- Your early morning run
- Your glass of milk
- Your mother’s good night kiss 🙂
I can list another 100 things like these where every one of us will feel like this is Heaven on Earth. There are a few of us, who love to pamper ourselves and wait for that one Sunday, where we can spend luxurious time with only ourselves, the lovely aroma of lemongrass oils, the high pressure of the knuckles, the relaxing instrumental music, all of this and more that mesmerises us and takes us into a parallel universe. Where there is no chaos, no noise, no movement, just the sweet sound of relaxation.
Yes, we are #SpaLovers! We need that break away from the world and dive into the peace of spa therapies and feel #Zen.
So what is that one thing for you that #FeelsLikeHeavenOnEarth? 🙂
Holiday time is almost here, planning of vacations, travelling to see your folks, flying to your best friend’s wedding is all on the calendar. Travel for work or pleasure can always be stressful. Right from the planning, booking tickets, hotels, site seeing until the end of the journey.
This is that time of the year when your routine goes off, your sleep schedule isn’t normal. As much as we deny it vacations can be extremely stressful and filled with aches and pains.
Of course there are ways you can be cautious and prevent yourself from any Holiday stress and stay absolutely calm and fit. Don’t worry, no one is asking you to wake up at 6 am and jog for an hour or go and hunt for the gym in your hotel. There are always other ways of maintaining your well-being; here are few of our suggestions:
- Wherever in the world you are, wake up and have a few glasses of water, it helps cleanse your mind and your system. This not only ensures you having a good start to your day but also a good day overall.
- Stay hydrated always. We all have fears of not finding hygienic toilets and curb our water intake, but for a fit journey you must always keep yourself hydrated. It prevents you from motion sickness, high altitude sickness, indigestion etc.
- Stiff muscles are a common complain for most corporate and holiday travellers, stiffness in your body can lead to injuries as well. To prevent yourself from stiffness… Exercise! Keep it very simple and basic, like while travelling (in the car / flight / train / bus) stretch & twist your wrists, arms, legs and ankles to keep them awake and active. Do this at regular intervals.
- Get a foot massage! Even if you are not in South East Asia, most airports in the world now have state-of-the-art foot spas, take that 30 minutes out and refresh yourself. A quick foot massage does wonders for the body:
- It boosts your energy levels, making you feel fresh and rejuvenated
- It enhances blood circulation
- It reduces anxiety and stress that could have been caused by pre-travel chaos
- It helps mitigate incidence of indigestion which is a big concern for many who have a sensitive stomach, especially whilst on a holiday
- It reduces your aches and pains, relaxing your muscles
- It prevents head aches and migraines
- Travel Light! It’s a tough thing to do for women, but running around with heavy luggage isn’t the best idea. So pack wisely and travel light in a self-carry friendly suit case.
- Take a break… Holidaying can also get stressful especially if you have a packed itinerary, so make sure you spend at least one meal that is absolutely relaxed, calm and quiet may be overlooking a beautiful valley or a beach just to get that peace of mind for which you actually planned the holiday! 🙂
Be it men or women, we all long for a naturally flawless and gorgeous complexion. All of us want a beautiful, clean, salon-free, make-up free skin. And believe it or not we can have it. How? Well, everyone is born with flawless beautiful skin, however the pollution, impurities and stress of this big bad urban world takes it away from us. All we need to do is… work towards getting it back – by nurturing and protecting our skin so that it looks amazing every morning.
We all have our morning skin pampering routines, from cleansing to moisturizing. The most common mistake here is, we ignore to pamper our skin just before we sleep. There is a reason why we call it the ‘beauty sleep’. Therefore for your perfect ‘beauty sleep’ follow this routine and pump up your face value:
1. Wash: Over the course of the day, makeup, dirt, and oil builds on the face, therefore cleansing (with a suitable facewash) of the skin must be a part of the daily bedtime routine.
2. Tone: A toner removes excess oil and dirt from the skin and also closes the pores. Not everyone needs to use a toner, but it is essential for some (oily skin type).
3. Moisturize: Using lotion in the morning acts as a base for makeup. Moisturizing at night repairs the skin and keeps the wrinkles off. Bottom line is, it’s one of the best things you can do for an ever glowing skin.
4. Exfoliate: For dry and flaky skin, a weekly exfoliation will clear out the dead skin. Use a natural exfoliant (e.g.: a scrub of sugar mixed with honey) that has a super fine grains, and rub it on the face using light pressure and gentle motions.
A once in a while pampering facial or clean up is always a treat, but to keep the glow, avoid ignoring your flawless beauty and pamper yourself every night, waking up fresh and radiant!