Be it men or women, we all long for a naturally flawless and gorgeous complexion. All of us want a beautiful, clean, salon-free, make-up free skin. And believe it or not we can have it. How? Well, everyone is born with flawless beautiful skin, however the pollution, impurities and stress of this big bad urban world takes it away from us. All we need to do is… work towards getting it back – by nurturing and protecting our skin so that it looks amazing every morning.
We all have our morning skin pampering routines, from cleansing to moisturizing. The most common mistake here is, we ignore to pamper our skin just before we sleep. There is a reason why we call it the ‘beauty sleep’. Therefore for your perfect ‘beauty sleep’ follow this routine and pump up your face value:
1. Wash: Over the course of the day, makeup, dirt, and oil builds on the face, therefore cleansing (with a suitable facewash) of the skin must be a part of the daily bedtime routine.
2. Tone: A toner removes excess oil and dirt from the skin and also closes the pores. Not everyone needs to use a toner, but it is essential for some (oily skin type).
3. Moisturize: Using lotion in the morning acts as a base for makeup. Moisturizing at night repairs the skin and keeps the wrinkles off. Bottom line is, it’s one of the best things you can do for an ever glowing skin.
4. Exfoliate: For dry and flaky skin, a weekly exfoliation will clear out the dead skin. Use a natural exfoliant (e.g.: a scrub of sugar mixed with honey) that has a super fine grains, and rub it on the face using light pressure and gentle motions.
A once in a while pampering facial or clean up is always a treat, but to keep the glow, avoid ignoring your flawless beauty and pamper yourself every night, waking up fresh and radiant!
Festival season is all about parties, guests, dinners, drinks, fun, frolic, drama and loads of celebrations. The silence after the crazy time leaves us with the real pains of life: cleaning, aches, pains, lack of sleep etc. This calls for ‘ME’ time. Time to bounce back. Time to pamper yourself. Time to reward yourself for being a wonderful host; life of the party! 🙂
However in our fast moving urban lifestyle, getting pampered and taking the ‘time out’ still remains a luxury. A spa day with no one but yourself, sounds like a dream. But who says you cannot enjoy this luxury within your home? Pampering yourself at home is easy if you know what to do. Here’s some simple ways that will bring life back into you:
- Hot water bath: Aqua therapy is truly the easiest, simplest and best way to unwind. Check the temperature of your bath to make sure that it isn’t too hot. Add some rose or lavender oil to the bath to soothe your mind. Some aromatic candles and you are ready to RELAX!
- Music always has the answers to most troubles of life. Pick a CD of spa music, or you buy some relaxing music off iTunes or simply YouTube it.
- Pampering home salon:
- Take a nice aromatic moisturizing lotion (aloe, cocoa butter, lavender, strawberry or any other) to gently massage your legs, arms, feet, elbows and hands making them soft, supple and new
- Apply a natural face pack (fresh fruit, walnut, fresh cream or yogurt) to refresh your tired face
- Cool your eyes with cucumber slices
- Paint (for women) your fingernails and toes. Take the time out to do give yourself with a mani-pedi treat.
- Comfy dressing: Pick your favourite /comfiest pair of clothing that will leave you comfortable and relaxed.
- Freshen up: Brush, floss, use mouthwash!
- Hot Drink: Try some hot chocolate, herbal tea, or even your favourite coffee. Put it in a nice mug and drink it either on the couch or in your bed.
- Relax: Watch some TV, a film, or listen to some relaxing music in your bed. Or read a book or just sit by your window or balcony and enjoy the fresh air or view while your mind is free from all thoughts.
- Sleep: Turn off the lights and think of relaxing or calming thoughts until you fall asleep. If it’s not night, take a nap. Even if it’s only a power nap. When you wake up avoid drama and take it easy.
So stop thinking and give yourself a break! Pamper yourself and jump out the party hangover with a newer, fresher and rejuvenated You! 🙂