A fit body needs a fit mind! In today’s hectic work, home and play routines it is very easy to lose your mental balance and this can in turn cause various problems like fatigue, stress, aches and pains. To avoid these or rather to keep your mind in a happy state it is important to focus on wellness for the mind.
How do we keep our mind fit? What is mental fatigue? When we are over worked (which most of us are nowadays) the brain sometimes either starts operating like a machine or loses complete focus and wanders around wasting precious time. Here’s how you can keep your mind alive, active and fit:
1. Stay mentally stimulated: Smartphones and internet makes it so easy to pick your favourite game – a sudoku or crossword puzzle or even candy crush, fruit ninja (just to name a few) will help keep your mind active, alive and happy.
2. Social networking. Being social to humans is like breathing. If we don’t get enough, our mental faculties suffer and we start losing our grip on how life should be. So make time for your friends! Call up that family member you haven’t spoken to in forever. When you feel balanced, when you feel like you’re an integral part of a community, everything else falls into place.
3. Sleep Well: A good quality sleep is what most people need to de-stress. Disconnect yourself sooner rather than later, possibly 2 or 3 hours before you go to bed. So get off the computer, stop staring at your cell phone, and hit “off” button on that remote control. Read, take a bath, or just chill with your family or roommates. Live in the moment and get a good night’s sleep.
4. Out of the BOX: To keep your mind kicking, do something you’ve never done before. Go to a city you’ve never been to. Pick up a sport you’ve never played. Get creative if you haven’t seen your artsy side in years. Find a hobby that’s always intrigued you but you’ve never gotten around to and make time for it. You’ll feel productive, you’ll feel like you’ve accomplished something, and, bottom line? You’ll feel good. Just what the doctor ordered. Whether it’s paragliding, taking a cooking class, or stepping into a big city without a map, there will be something you gain from these new experiences. Even if it’s just a crazy story to tell!
5. Where’s your passion? At the end of day, life without passion isn’t a healthy life. Everybody has a dream and even if you can’t make it something you’re able to pursue 24×7, it can be something that has its own little niche in your life. Happiness is an integral part to being happy, and following your passion is a good way to ensure that your happiness is here to stay. If it gives you that warm feeling on the inside, it’s meant to be. Never let your passions fall by the wayside. They’re there to keep your heart and mind happy and healthy.
Keep your Mind fit and HAPPY always! 🙂