Yes.. Yes.. It’s been 3 months since we are in 2016 and we all have already been caught up in the daily rut and monotony of life. All those resolutions have almost faded away. Some new fitness trial classes were joined an discontinued. “I will do one new thing everyday” has become last year’s story.
But hey, there is always the ending of “the financial year”. This is that time of the year when all organisations and employees pledge for the #health #wellness and #goodFitness of their companies and their people. Everyone is talking about revenues, numbers, targets, budgets, increments etc.
Let’s try and do more than this… #Motivate all our people to start living a healthier lifestyle. When people live healthier, they stay happy, when they are happy they work better, if your people work better, the organisation grows faster and looks healthier!
A few things that you can bring in to your organisational life ti improve the wellness quotient of your people:
- Send out motivational emails, quotes, videos to all
- Have a wellness board in your office where people post their activities
- Share your wellness tips / activities with colleagues
- Have a bring a #HealthyMeal to office day
- Break out of your chairs and do a quick 10 minute workout
- Organise Friday sessions: Zumba, Yoga, Spa, Aerobics in office
- Play music in office and much more…
These are just a few things, we can suggest. So, get going and this year end, let’s pledge to live a healthier and happier corporate life! 🙂
#PopUpSpaBySpaExpress #FeelsLikeHeavenOnEarth #HealthyLife
Holiday time is almost here, planning of vacations, travelling to see your folks, flying to your best friend’s wedding is all on the calendar. Travel for work or pleasure can always be stressful. Right from the planning, booking tickets, hotels, site seeing until the end of the journey.
This is that time of the year when your routine goes off, your sleep schedule isn’t normal. As much as we deny it vacations can be extremely stressful and filled with aches and pains.
Of course there are ways you can be cautious and prevent yourself from any Holiday stress and stay absolutely calm and fit. Don’t worry, no one is asking you to wake up at 6 am and jog for an hour or go and hunt for the gym in your hotel. There are always other ways of maintaining your well-being; here are few of our suggestions:
- Wherever in the world you are, wake up and have a few glasses of water, it helps cleanse your mind and your system. This not only ensures you having a good start to your day but also a good day overall.
- Stay hydrated always. We all have fears of not finding hygienic toilets and curb our water intake, but for a fit journey you must always keep yourself hydrated. It prevents you from motion sickness, high altitude sickness, indigestion etc.
- Stiff muscles are a common complain for most corporate and holiday travellers, stiffness in your body can lead to injuries as well. To prevent yourself from stiffness… Exercise! Keep it very simple and basic, like while travelling (in the car / flight / train / bus) stretch & twist your wrists, arms, legs and ankles to keep them awake and active. Do this at regular intervals.
- Get a foot massage! Even if you are not in South East Asia, most airports in the world now have state-of-the-art foot spas, take that 30 minutes out and refresh yourself. A quick foot massage does wonders for the body:
- It boosts your energy levels, making you feel fresh and rejuvenated
- It enhances blood circulation
- It reduces anxiety and stress that could have been caused by pre-travel chaos
- It helps mitigate incidence of indigestion which is a big concern for many who have a sensitive stomach, especially whilst on a holiday
- It reduces your aches and pains, relaxing your muscles
- It prevents head aches and migraines
- Travel Light! It’s a tough thing to do for women, but running around with heavy luggage isn’t the best idea. So pack wisely and travel light in a self-carry friendly suit case.
- Take a break… Holidaying can also get stressful especially if you have a packed itinerary, so make sure you spend at least one meal that is absolutely relaxed, calm and quiet may be overlooking a beautiful valley or a beach just to get that peace of mind for which you actually planned the holiday! 🙂
Festival season is all about parties, guests, dinners, drinks, fun, frolic, drama and loads of celebrations. The silence after the crazy time leaves us with the real pains of life: cleaning, aches, pains, lack of sleep etc. This calls for ‘ME’ time. Time to bounce back. Time to pamper yourself. Time to reward yourself for being a wonderful host; life of the party! 🙂
However in our fast moving urban lifestyle, getting pampered and taking the ‘time out’ still remains a luxury. A spa day with no one but yourself, sounds like a dream. But who says you cannot enjoy this luxury within your home? Pampering yourself at home is easy if you know what to do. Here’s some simple ways that will bring life back into you:
- Hot water bath: Aqua therapy is truly the easiest, simplest and best way to unwind. Check the temperature of your bath to make sure that it isn’t too hot. Add some rose or lavender oil to the bath to soothe your mind. Some aromatic candles and you are ready to RELAX!
- Music always has the answers to most troubles of life. Pick a CD of spa music, or you buy some relaxing music off iTunes or simply YouTube it.
- Pampering home salon:
- Take a nice aromatic moisturizing lotion (aloe, cocoa butter, lavender, strawberry or any other) to gently massage your legs, arms, feet, elbows and hands making them soft, supple and new
- Apply a natural face pack (fresh fruit, walnut, fresh cream or yogurt) to refresh your tired face
- Cool your eyes with cucumber slices
- Paint (for women) your fingernails and toes. Take the time out to do give yourself with a mani-pedi treat.
- Comfy dressing: Pick your favourite /comfiest pair of clothing that will leave you comfortable and relaxed.
- Freshen up: Brush, floss, use mouthwash!
- Hot Drink: Try some hot chocolate, herbal tea, or even your favourite coffee. Put it in a nice mug and drink it either on the couch or in your bed.
- Relax: Watch some TV, a film, or listen to some relaxing music in your bed. Or read a book or just sit by your window or balcony and enjoy the fresh air or view while your mind is free from all thoughts.
- Sleep: Turn off the lights and think of relaxing or calming thoughts until you fall asleep. If it’s not night, take a nap. Even if it’s only a power nap. When you wake up avoid drama and take it easy.
So stop thinking and give yourself a break! Pamper yourself and jump out the party hangover with a newer, fresher and rejuvenated You! 🙂
Festivals around the world are about meeting people, celebrations, drinks, sweets, food and more food and a lot more food. So, how is one to resist these temptations? How do we stay fit? Concentrate on well-being without binging?
Well, of course you must enjoy the celebrations of festivals and be a part of all the hoopla including the large spreads of foods, sweets and drinks. These are temptations that tease the mind more than your taste buds. However, we have a few secrets that you can try out without feeling guilty on the festive indulgence and stay festiFIT:
- Stand: Don’t be lazy, if you are at a party or at a celebration, stand wherever you can, sitting will only reduce your metabolism and increase fat.
- Walk: Parties are all about mingling, so mingle! So while you keep your hands busy grabbing finger food – walk around, meet people and burn those few calories.
- Stay Active: Always stay active – standing, walking, talking, dancing et all.
Stay FestFIT and pamper yourself this festival season!
Health and Wellness is something that is easy to take for granted. Our everyday routine includes: sleep, food, work and play. Some of us are conscious enough to be aware of what we eat and drink; how we sleep; how we work through the day, but there are others who think they are doing just fine and it is not necessary for them to alter the way they LIVE. So are you really LIVING?
Food: Food is the most important part of LIFE, if not important it is surely a part of everyone’s life be it a child, student, housewife, working professional athlete or any one else. Here are some quick fixes for your food in take, that will be beneficial to lead a healthy and fit lifestyle:
FITNESS: The next thing that you must look into is your physical fitness. Being a part of this rat race, most of us are these corporate tech freaks who spend hours in front of their laptops working their eyes and shoulders out. How can you maintain your physical wellness like this?
- Exercise: spend 10 minutes every morning working on some simple exercises
- Walk: go and walk-up to your colleagues instead of using the intercom
- Stretch: time and again stretch your shoulders, arms and legs to avoid pains and aches
- Posture: consciously sit with a straight back and up-right shoulders
- Stay Active: Sometimes it’s hard to get a workout in between work, social gatherings and other commitments. All you need to do are the smaller efforts to stay active like: park far away from where you’re going, take the stairs instead of the elevator etc.
Wellness is holistic! For the Body, Mind & Soul! To keep your mind fit and running is equally important as your body. How do we keep our mind fit? What is mental fatigue? However this week let’s focus on our physical wellness with FOOD and FITNESS, next week we shall take on WELLNESS for the MIND and SOUL!
Wish you all a HAPPY Weekend! 🙂
If you are in India, you are used the noise decibels in the form of weddings, public processions, rallies, festivals etc. Well, it is not only here but world over we all live in chaotic and noisy surroundings with loud teenagers, crying children, fighting ladies on the trains. Chaos and commotion is all around us.
How can you keep your mental well-being calm and composed with the turmoil that runs outside of your window? Let’s run away! Let’s hunt for PEACE!
Peace is not a place; it’s a spiritual state of mind. It’s not easy to find it unless you know how. Here are some ideas that you can try out:
- MUSIC: Music for some is the answer to all the questions. Plug in your head phones and listen to the tracks that take you to some place nice, quiet and calm.
- Meditation: BREATHE in and BREATHE out. Did you know on an every breath basis, we do not breathe fully and completely? If you focus for 2 minutes on your breathing and fill in your lungs with air you will experience a wholesome feeling.
- READING: For some reading a book that is so captivating takes them away to a different planet and they cannot hear, see or feel what is going around them
- LISTEN: Sometimes, you should just sit back and listen to all the different sounds that are screaming around you. There will be a moment that you will reach where your mind will go passed these sounds and silence will be louder than noise.
Well, the truth is we live on a planet full of noise or a planet filled with singing birds, sound of the waves, the whistling trees, chirping kids; a world full of song and dance. You can’t run away from the chaos forever, so hunt for your peace, find the happy sounds in your life… Live them, experience them and love them!
Anticipation at times can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Depends on what you’re anticipating but whatever it is, it hasn’t happened yet. Its a mystery or something that is unknown to us. We don’t have the capability of changing something in the future because we don’t know whether it even exists. You may hope for a better future and you would definitely do your best to make the present count but for what reason is the past forgotten? The past makes us who were are today. If it weren’t for the past we wouldn’t be able to judge ourselves today.
At times of sorry or depression, people always say forget your past because the more you think about, the more its going to effect you now but how would you whether what you did in the past was wrong or not? Only by looking back at our actions, we would be able to assess how much have we progressed since the past and whether we have really grown or not. The past always is a part of us. Everybody thinks about what they are now or what they want to become in the future but they wouldn’t think about the person who they were and what they can change into.
As the generations and the time carry on, the past is forgotten. A teenage kid in today would definitely prefer electronic music, which is fast and has hard beats over a slow classical song which the parents would mostly indulge in. The influence also increases as a kid would start listening to mature music mostly due to the influence of his parents or sibling but would never start listening to it on his own. This is a common scenario in today’s world. Certain people wish for the past to come back probably because of a better time however some people wish to forget their past completely.
The past can often haunt you and be a major cause for your mental stress. There are various ways of tackling the past, like:
- Reading etc.
So, whether we like it or not, the past is always going to be with us. It isn’t something that is tangible or something that we’ll have access to but it’ll definitely be a part of us in some way or the other. We only need to know how to control it, not let is affect our future, learn from it and create a better tomorrow. After all, Old is gold.
Food is one the most critical aspect of health, fitness and well-being. It is something that (if not all) most people cannot survive without. However, like we have all kinds of people on this planet, we have all kinds of eating habits. Some can survive on one bar of chocolate or an apple for the entire day and stay full of energy. On the other hand there are people who eat will everything around them.
Quantity and quality are both very important for a good meal but regardless of what you eat or how you eat it, what you do before and after is what you must watch out for.
Having the right eating habits before and after eating are more essential than the ‘while eating habits’. It’s the before and after that actually determines the effect of the food. Most of us aren’t aware of certain basics that we should be adhere to before and after in order to ensure a good system. Basics such as:
- Drinking a glass of water before and after but not during a meal
- Eating everything before 6pm – that’s when digestion kicks in
- Having dinner as early as possible
- Hot & fresh dishes over cold & stale ones
- Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper!
Food provides a connection between all parts of the body. The food you eat surely defines the way to think, look and feel. To get the best out of the food you eat, it is important to have a stable amount of all the components that ensure a balanced diet. However that isn’t enough to help you eat well. You may eat all the right things there are to eat but eating them the RIGHT way is the key!
Happy Eating! 🙂